This project is made up of a range of teacher resources developed over several years, a program designed to instill in young Australians an appreciation for the values, spirit and philosophy of the Olympic Movement. This online values based program complements the Federal Government’s National Framework for Values Education in Australian Schools.
As Instructional Designer and Writer I consulted with the AOC Education Officer to determine the scope of work and to discuss appropriate strategies and the format of the final resources. My main role was writing and developing lesson plans, teacher guides and additional content for each resource as well as managing additional writers and reviewers. I was a reviewer of lessons developed for Rio 2016.
Selected resources are available on www.olympics.com.au (Education) and include:
- Olympic Day (lesson plans and additional support for teachers planning an athletics carnival)
- Beijing 2008 (60 cross-curriculum lesson plans and resources for Primary school teachers)
- London 2012 (60 cross-curriculum lesson plans and resources for Primary school teachers)
- Chat to a Champ (online video conference teacher guide)
- Learn from a Champ (interactive video resource teacher guide)